Job no: 494302
Work type: Full time
Categories: Fleet Servicing, Rolling Stock Maintenance
About this job
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September last year, the Victorian Government has awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for the team at Yarra Trams as we begin delivery of our new franchise term.
In the next seven years we will continue to bring our local and international expertise to ensure we continue to deliver even better, safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced Store Driver to support our Rolling Stock maintenance activities by ensuring that material requirements are available and delivered in accordance with agreed service level agreements.
What the role entails
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Store Person to make a meaningful contribution to the efficient running of our maintenance activities by transporting inventory between Preston Store and the satellite stores in a timely manner. Reporting to the Team Manager, Logistics, the role entails:
• Delivering inventory to depot satellite stores;
• Providing appropriate packaging and tagging, including requisitions and SDS for all incoming and outgoing items;
• Returning inventory for repair from satellite stores to Preston Store as required;
• Issuing stock at depots to the appropriate work order;
• Conducting daily stock takes and rotables audits at depots.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Knowledge & understanding of inventory management;
• Ability to work closely with team members, and follow the direction of management, to achieve business plan goals;
• Strong written and oral communications skills;
• Good computing skills, including ability to use Microsoft software;
• Demonstrable ability to manage multiple tasks without constant management supervision within tight time frames;
• A current Victorian Drivers Licence and a current forklift licence are essential.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 26th April 2018
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now