Advisor, Data and Information Management
Job no: 494279
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
About this job
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September this year, the Victorian Government has awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run the Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for the team at Yarra Trams as we begin delivery of our new franchise term.
In the next seven years we will continue to bring our local and international expertise to ensure we continue to deliver even better, safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams requires the services of an expert data and information management advisor to oversee the establishment and implementation of the Data and Information Management Plan and coordinate data and Information management and sharing across the business as well as PTV and the State.
What the role entails
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to recognise and manage data and information assets to ensure compliance and alignment with a number of international standards and industry best practices. Reporting to the Manager, ICT Architecture & Security, the role involves:
- Implementing the Data and Information Management Plan (DIMP) with preparing and managing amendments to the DIMP;
- Developing the application and implementation of the data governance framework;
- Oversight and support of the company’s data sharing and release arrangements through the development and implementation of enabling frameworks, policy, procedures, standards and guidelines that are informed by best practice;
- Preparing investment proposals and business cases for information and data management initiatives and compliance activities;
- Working cross functionally by defining common data definitions, consistent and complete metadata, report specifications, report interpretation notes and user-friendly traceability between reports and the supporting/source data.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar position (Information Manager/ Data Governance/ Data Architecture);
- Understanding of and experience in identifying, implementing and maintaining meta data standards;
- Experience working across businesses and technical, operational and commercial functions to manage applications, processes and standards;
- Experience in developing or implementing new policies, governance frameworks and consultative mechanisms relating to information and data management and/or technology;
- Sound knowledge of relevant government processes including FOI, privacy and data protection, record keeping, copyright, public sector information release and risk management
- Excellent computing skills, including spreadsheets, databases, SQL and a demonstrated ability to learn new systems and to modify and improve existing systems
- Develop systems, processes, protocols, business rules, standards and performance measures
- Project management knowledge with the ability to plan and manage competing priorities effectively
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 28 March 2018
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now