Safety Assurance & Compliance Advisor
Job no: 494264
Work type: Full time
Categories: Safety & Environment
About this job
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September last year, the Victorian Government has awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for the team at Yarra Trams as we begin delivery of our new franchise term.
In the next seven years we will continue to bring our local and international expertise to ensure we continue to deliver even better, safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams has an opportunity for an experienced Safety Advisor to provide assurance and compliance support for the technical functions.
What the role entails
• Providing subject matter expert input into corporate safety systems and support implementation in Infrastructure, Rolling Stock & Projects;
• Assessing risks, analysing them and putting together treatment plans;
• Providing an internal monitoring, audit and analysis role to ensure compliance with safety systems;
• Identifying, investigating, implementing, and reporting on corrective actions;
• Managing asset compliance issues and liaising with the technical functions to provide support and solutions.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering or safety discipline or equivalent and extensive proven experience in transport or other high risk industry within a multi-functional organisation;
• Industry-body recognition, eg Chartered Professional Engineer, Project Management Professional, or other equivalents;
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of safety assurance, asset management and reliability concepts;
• Strong communication and persuasive skills to deal effectively internally and externally.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 26th April 2018
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now