Expressions of Interest: Driven Women - Tram Driver Placements 2018
Job no: 493211
Work type: Full time
Categories: CSE, Operations
The Tram Driver/Customer Service Employee (Trainee) is the first step into tram driving and will involve training to provide you with the skills and knowledge to become a safe and reliable driver. With the aim to delivering a safe and positive passenger experience to the Melbourne Community, you will be required to provide a welcoming and informative interaction with passengers at all times, while ensuring that you uphold all safety standards and that your tram runs to scheduled timetables.
To be a Trainee Tram Drivers Customer Service you will need to be prepared to:
- Work full time 40 hours per week
- Be available to work a rotating roster that will cover Yarra Trams hours of operation
- Be rostered for shifts that have early starts or late finishes whilst working alone
- Work weekends and public holidays
- Complete successfully a comprehensive 6 week training program full time
- To act and behave in a safe manner at all times adhering to the Yarra Trams safety standards.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Ensuring that personal safety and passenger safety remain the main priority at all times
- Proactively resolving customer concerns, problems and requests to a satisfactory solution
- Tram driving in accordance with standards
- Effective public address announcements in accordance with the Customer Service Standard
- Delivering a reliable service to passengers by driving to timetable requirements
- Minor fault finding activities in relation to the safe operation of the tram
Our training involves a comprehensive 6 week program where you will work closely with a Trainer to develop the skills and confidence in driving our Trams. Following this, you will be introduced to your manager who will coach and support you for a safe and successful career with Yarra Trams.
To be successful in this role, you must possess a full driver's licence for a minimum of 2 years. Ideally you will have well-developed communication and customer service skills acquired from previous customer facing roles and would have some knowledge of public transport services and local points of interest. Previous experience driving suburban or city buses will be well regarded.
The weekly commencement wage will be $1107.20 Tram Driver/CSE, (Trainee) Level One per week plus superannuation. This position is classified in accordance with the 2015 Yarra Trams Enterprise Agreement.
The weekly and annual wage structure for new Tram Driver/CSE, (Trainee) Trainee as at January 2018, is listed below:
- Tram Driver/CSE, (Trainee) Level One $1,107.20 per week plus super (Applies for the first nine months)
- Tram Driver/CSE, (Trainee) Level Two $1,199.60 per week plus super (Applies at 9 to 12 months)
- Tram Driver, Level Three $1,318.00 per week plus super (Applies after 1 year)
In addition to the above salary amounts loading and penalties rates apply for shifts worked outside standard business hours as detailed in the 2015 Yarra Trams Enterprise Agreement.
To be eligible for this role, you MUST be an Australian resident or currently hold the appropriate visa entitlement to work full time permanently in Australia without any restrictions.
Yarra Trams is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now