Project Manager, ICT
Job no: 493154
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
About this job
Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced ICT Project Manager to deliver projects aligned to the development of our ICT function.
Yarra Trams operates the largest light rail network in the world and has a rich history stretching over 100 years. The strength of this Melbourne icon is underpinned by truly committed, diverse and passionate people who are all striving to deliver the vision of providing world-class customer service.
We are focused on continuously improving systems of work and processes, and at the heart of our efforts are four values – ‘Think like a passenger’, ‘Zero Harm’, ‘Respect for People’ and ‘Continuous Improvement’ and they shape our culture as we build for the next century of trams in Melbourne.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Principal Program Manager, ICT, this role will ensure the successful delivery of a number of major projects and system upgrades. The role involves:
• Planning and delivering projects within defined budget, schedule, and quality targets;
• Liaising and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all requirements are gathered, analysed, and expectations are managed;
• Delivering IT infrastructure and applications in line with service levels;
• Providing timely reports on project pipeline and program/project delivery;
• Working in conjunction with business and ICT stakeholders, Public Transport Victoria and external suppliers to deliver business benefits.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology and/or significant proven experience, relevant to this discipline;
• Certification in Prince2/PMBOK (desirable)
• 5+ years of ICT project management experience
• Knowledge of Project Management methodology, and demonstrated expertise in applying sound project management practices and principles to projects;
• Project experience in sourcing, commissioning and developing IT infrastructure and applications;
• Experience in technology tendering processes;
• Strong vendor and contract management skills and experience;
• Proven customer engagement skills, including the ability to pro-actively resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills to ensure effective communication with all levels of the business, including the ability to convey complex information clearly and influentially;
• Proven financial Management, estimating and planning skills.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 24th October 2017
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now