Administrator, SCADA Distribution Management System
Job no: 493153
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology, Power and Communications
About this job
Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced Administrator to provide specialist technical support for the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and associated remote terminal units and networks.
Yarra Trams operates the largest light rail network in the world and has a rich history stretching over 100 years. The strength of this Melbourne icon is underpinned by truly committed, diverse and passionate people who are all striving to deliver the vision of providing world-class customer service.
We are focused on continuously improving systems of work and processes, and at the heart of our efforts are four values – ‘Think like a passenger’, ‘Zero Harm’, ‘Respect for People’ and ‘Continuous Improvement’ and they shape our culture as we build for the next century of trams in Melbourne.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Team Manager, Operational Control Systems, this role will ensure the maintenance and efficient operation of Yarra Trams’ electrical network. The role involves:
• Performing health checks and maintenance tasks, including patching and updates of applications, operating systems and security systems;
• Performing testing of business continuity and disaster recovery plans;
• Risk management –identifying and reporting on risks;
• Providing appropriate and timely technical advice to ensure the efficiency and functionality of SCADA systems;
• Undertaking incident and problem management, including actions to identify and resolve process and system deficiencies and non-conformances;
• Coordinating and overseeing firmware and software updates to field equipment;
• Contributing to technical documentation and work instructions for projects and works as required, including reviewing of technical and network diagrams and drawings.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering and/or significant proven experience, relevant to this discipline;
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Senior-Level control systems technician or system administrator with expertise in multiple facets of the SCADA and control systems;
• Proven and advanced knowledge and experience in administration of SCADA distribution management systems, including creation and maintenance of system schematics;
• Sound knowledge and experience in computer networking, including proven ability to undertake incident and problem management;
• Sound knowledge of SCADA systems with proven experience in infrastructure contexts;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with a range of customers and stakeholders;
• A systems approach to problem solving;
• Demonstrable investigative and research skills;
• Availability to participate in a 24/7 on call roster.
• Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 24th October 2017
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now