Technical Officer, Operational Control Systems
Job no: 493152
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology, Power and Communications
About this job
Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced Technician to provide specialist technical support for our Operational Control Systems (OCS).
Yarra Trams operates the largest light rail network in the world and has a rich history stretching over 100 years. The strength of this Melbourne icon is underpinned by truly committed, diverse and passionate people who are all striving to deliver the vision of providing world-class customer service.
We are focused on continuously improving systems of work and processes, and at the heart of our efforts are four values – ‘Think like a passenger’, ‘Zero Harm’, ‘Respect for People’ and ‘Continuous Improvement’ and they shape our culture as we build for the next century of trams in Melbourne.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Team Manager, Operational Control Systems, this role will be accountable for conducting investigation of OCS system faults and design defects of a complex nature. The role involves:
• Undertaking timely incident and problem management, including actions to identify and resolve process and system deficiencies and non-conformances;
• Commissioning, testing and at times installing radio communications equipment in accordance with specifications and industry standards;
• Undertaking timely reactive and preventative maintenance tasks;
• Recommending system improvements and assisting in the development of programs and maintenance strategies;
• Conferring with equipment manufacturers, private operators and regulatory bodies in regard to problems associated with equipment operation, maintenance & repairs;
• Identifying and reporting OCS systems risks and threats;
• Participating in and contributing to systems audits, quality and risk assessments;
• Participating in a 24/7 on call roster.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Engineering and/or significant proven experience, relevant to this discipline;
• Proven ability to diagnose and problem solve both software and hardware technology solutions;
• Knowledge of data, radio and communication protocols, systems and standards;
• Extensive experience working in a technical and/or maintenance environment in a complex organisational setting;
• Proven experience in the preparation and maintenance of technical documentation, including system specifications;
• Demonstrable ability to engage with customers, to resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction;
• Strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with a range of customers and stakeholders;
• Negotiation and dispute resolution skills;
• A systems approach to problem solving;
• Demonstrable investigative and research skills;
• A Victorian Driver’s Licence
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 24th October 2017
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now