Senior Technician, ICT Network & Telephony
Job no: 493149
Work type: Contract, Fixed Term
Categories: Information Technology
About this job
• Iconic Brand;
• 12 month contract.
Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced Senior Network and Telephony Technician to provide technical services to improve and deliver a secure, stable, efficient ICT Network and telephony services consisting of LAN, WAN, Wireless, Firewall and Telephony technologies including Datacentre Administration and Maintenance.
Yarra Trams operates the largest light rail network in the world and has a rich history stretching over 100 years. The strength of this Melbourne icon is underpinned by truly committed, diverse and passionate people who are all striving to deliver the vision of providing world-class customer service.
We are focused on continuously improving systems of work and processes, and at the heart of our efforts are four values – ‘Think like a passenger’, ‘Zero Harm’, ‘Respect for People’ and ‘Continuous Improvement’ and they shape our culture as we build for the next century of trams in Melbourne.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Team Manager, ICT Datacentre Network & Telephony, this role will deliver support to critical Yarra Trams systems to ensure organisational efficiency and productivity. The role involves:
• Undertaking higher level service delivery tasks and leveraging technical SME to support technical uplift across the team;
• Participating in a 24/7 on call roster;
• Delivering service modification project tasks and deliverables as assigned;
• Undertaking quality management and monitoring of ICT integration works;
• Contributing to and maintaining service design documents, including support processes for new and/or modified services for the service desk;
• Providing input into reports related to service modifications and projects;
• Liaising and collaborating with third parties and/or external and internal stakeholders, as required.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology and/or significant proven experience, relevant to this discipline;
• Ten years’ plus experience in a technical role in a complex network / telephony environment;
• Proven experience in mentoring others and driving team outcomes and performance;
• Expert knowledge of and experience in supporting and maintaining telephony and networks;
• Proven experience in developing and maintaining Infrastructure architectures across small to medium enterprise;
• Demonstrable skills in planning, designing, deploying and optimising secure, robust, and efficient enterprise network infrastructure;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills to ensure effective communication with all levels of the business;
• Proven negotiation and dispute resolution skills with both internal and external stakeholders;
• Technical skills: Windows Operating Systems, Active Directory, DataCentre Facilities, ISP, Fort iGATE Firewalls, VMWare, NetScaler Load balancers, IBM Servers, NetApp Storage, Gallagher Door Access System.
• ITIL Certification and Certified Cisco Network Associate are desirable;
• A Victorian Driver’s Licence is mandatory.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 17th October 2017
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now