Technical Officer, CCTV
Job no: 493015
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology, Power and Communications
About this job
Yarra Trams is looking for an experienced Technician to provide specialist technical support for operational control systems, with a focus on CCTV.
Yarra Trams operates the largest light rail network in the world and has a rich history stretching over 100 years. The strength of this Melbourne icon is underpinned by truly committed, diverse and passionate people who are all striving to deliver the vision of providing world-class customer service.
We are focused on continuously improving systems of work and processes, and at the heart of our efforts are four values – ‘Think like a passenger’, ‘Zero Harm’, ‘Respect for People’ and ‘Continuous Improvement’ and they shape our culture as we build for the next century of trams in Melbourne.
What the role entails
Reporting to the Team Manager, Operational and Control Systems, this role will ensure the successful operation of CCTV systems to maintain security and operational monitoring of Yarra Trams sites. The role involves:
• Undertaking timely reactive and preventative maintenance tasks to maintain CCTV networks and equipment to required standards;
• Undertaking and maintaining currency of Yarra Trams and industry certifications;
• Designing, documenting, implementing and maintaining CCTV systems;
• Providing support to, consulting with and supervising third parties to ensure system effectiveness, including on sites for which Yarra Trams has responsibility;
• Identifying and reporting CCTV systems risks and threats to both Operational Control Systems (OCS) team and facilities maintenance teams;
• Undertaking equipment and system renewals and commissioning;
• Providing technical support to projects and works pertaining to CCTV systems;
• Participating in a 24/7 on call roster.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Engineering and/or significant proven experience, relevant to this discipline;
• A high level of knowledge and experience in installing, maintaining and testing CCTV systems, including proven experience in asset management contexts;
• Proven knowledge of and experience in incident and problem management in CCTV and/or operational control systems;
• A high level of knowledge and experience in computer networking, including proven ability to undertake incident and problem management;
• Proven technical skills in working with operational control systems;
• A strong ability to engage with customers to resolve issues and increase customer satisfaction;
• Demonstrable negotiation and dispute resolution skills;
• Demonstrable investigative and research skills;
• A Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Applications close: 24th October 2017
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now